Power Options run a government-backed scheme that means you may not be required to pay the VAT on some of your purchases of products from Power Options. However, as you would expect, not all purchases by all customers are eligible; so here is the very important information on how this scheme works: A purchase can only be exempt from VAT when all the following conditions are met:
1. You (or who you are buying it for) are chronically ill or disabled , this means someone:
- With a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities, or
- With a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes.
- Who is terminally ill.
It does not include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb
2. The goods are for personal or domestic use, this means:
- The goods are supplied for your own private use, rather than for business purposes.
- The goods are not made widely available for a whole group of people.
The products that are eligible for claiming the VAT back, are identified on the Product Page.
How to claim the VAT back?
Please note that all NO VAT Claim Forms submitted are checked before the claim is processed.
It is necessary to complete a separate claim form each time a qualifying product is purchased from Power Options Ltd (www.matonguard.co.uk)
Claims for VAT exemption cannot be taken over the telephone.
The conditions for relief are contained in VAT notice 701/7 VAT - Relief for disabled people. You can find much more information on the HM Revenue and Customs Website to fully understand the conditions. You can also call the HMRC VAT helpline 0300 200 3300. (8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday).